I am an ecologist interested in the effects of global change drivers on insect plant interactions. I am currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of Akron, OH, U.S. Broadly, I focus on understanding and quantifying the impacts of global change drivers on the ecology of interacting species. Examples of questions my lab addresses include:
- How does fine-scale variation in species interactions scale up to impact regional and global species distributions?
- Can phenotypic plasticity in plant phenology mitigate climate change-driven range shifts?
- How does climate change impact the timing of insect-plant interactions, and do these changes result in insect-plant asynchrony across environmental gradients?
- How do natural disturbances impact composition of forest insect communities and interactions between host trees and phytophagous insects?
- Does the presence of a congeneric invasive impact pollinator efficacy and/or interspecific pollen transfer for native plants?